Empire Blended Products got its start in 1946 when Murray Gornitzky established Empire White Products Company in Newark, NJ as a manufacturer of cement paint. Over the years he expanded the product line to include whitewash, specialty gypsum products such as patching plaster and spackling compound, specialty cement products such as tile grout and a line of wallpaper pastes and removers. In 1976 his son Jay joined the company having just graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The business continued to grow and the product line continued to expand to include a full line of specialty cement products including the Rainbow brand of cement colors, specialty chemicals and aniline dyes. It was during this time that Empire White established itself as a versatile and reliable toll manufacturer throughout the industry.
In 1991 Jay teamed
up with Martin Tanzer who was president of Ace-Crete Products and New
Jersey Pulverizing to form Empire Blended Products. Marty had joined his
family business in 1955 and both Jay and Marty had enjoyed a successful
supplier/customer relationship for years. Their goal was to build a modern,
state of the art production facility for specialty cement products, and
greatly expand their product line and their toll manufacturing capabilities.
The new plant was opened in early 1992 and has been continuously expanding
since that time. Empire Blended has been steadily growing and enjoys a
reputation as a leading producer of specialty cement products. It is committed
to continued growth and improvement as it strives to remain an industry
Copyright © Empire Blended Products,